We have been installing fences, pergolas, and gazebos in Oconomowoc, WI since 1977! Call us today for a free and timely estimate. We have an A rating with Angie’s List and an A+ BBB rating.
What we specialize in:
Call Us Today for a FREE Estimate!
The lakefront views are pretty incredible. We love the 444 acres of walking trails in Nashotah Park and bass fishing in Silver Lake. It doesn’t get much better than Oconomowoc for the outdoor enthusiast.
We’ve got a passion for trees and the great Wisconsin outdoors.
With so much natural beauty all around, it’s important for everyone who lives and works in this area to keep their eye out for the invasive species which can threaten. Oconomowoc struggles both with the emerald ash borer and the gypsy moth caterpillar. The Kettle Moraine State Forest is just one of the gorgeous places that could be threatened by either of these creatures.
As fence contractors specializing in real Northern White Cedar wood, we’re always interested in the health of forests and trees. If the trees aren’t healthy, we can’t build nearly as many lovely fences.
A gypsy moth can destroy copses of trees in a matter of days. These trees usually die. Waukesha County is under tree quarantine because gypsy moths have been such a problem.
The emerald ash borer kills ash trees.
Thus, we wanted to gather these resources for you so you’d know what to do if you found either of these invasive insects on your own property.
- Gypsy moth identification at Wisconsin.gov.
- Emerald ash borer identification from the Wisconsin DNR.
Gypsy moth management:
- You can view the Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection’s gypsy moth spray treatment map here.
- Click here to find out how to manage trees on your property which may be infected with gypsy moths.
- Learn which trees and shrubs the gypsy moth likes best by clicking here.
- If you want to report gypsy moths on your property, contact Bill McNee, forest health specialist, by emailing Bill.McNee@wisconsin.gov.
Emerald ash borer management:
- If you want to report an infestation of emerald ash borer, call (800) 462-2803.
- If the emerald ash borer has already destroyed your ash trees, this handy guide will tell you what to do next.
- If you don’t want to hire a certified arborist to deal with your trees, you might try this list of insecticides. But remember, you can only do it yourself if your ash is smaller than 47″ in diameter at chest height.
- If you’d like to plant something other than the vulnerable ash tree in your yard, then you’ll want to check out this list of alternatives.
Let’s work together to preserve the beauty of the Oconomowoc area! Stay on top of potential infestations in your yard.
If you are interested in building a fence in Oconomowoc, WI call us for a free estimate today at (261) 251-6766. We handle everything from the permit pull, to the design, to the installation!